With only a 5% deposit needed -Help to Buy gives our customers the opportunity to start looking for their dream home sooner than they thought.
What is the Help to Buy equity loan?
- The Help to Buy equity loan is a scheme backed by the HM government. It is exclusively available on new build properties up to £600,000 in the UK.
- It is available to both first-time buyers and existing homeowners.
- You’ll only need a minimum deposit of 5% to purchase your dream home.
- The government will lend you up to 20% of the value of the new home through an equity loan which can be repaid at any time during the loan term or on the sale of your home.
- The loan is interest free for the first 5 years of owning your home.
- You’ll only need to secure up to a 75% mortgage.
- You will own 100% of your home!
- For more information (including advice on fees and paying back your loan) please download the Help to Buy Buyers’ Guide.